Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Watercolor Valentine From Me to You…

20120209_273

I am feeling LOVE in the air so I got out my fantastic new watercolours from Kuretake and some Rhonna Designs and sat down to create a Valentines Cards for my hubbie. love is ...

This is the original painting that I painted using Kuretakes Metallic water colors. They are such  WONDERFUL paints. I hadn't used them before, and I do a lot of watercolor painting and I can honestly say that I FELL in love with the quality and they wonderful shimmer of the paint.

Watercolour System BrushH2O Medium

Watercolour System BrushH2O

Kuretake

Take a look at some of the pictures that I took of my painting. I loved shooting on a macro setting while taking pictures of it just to get the awesome glimmer & color!

Met Watercolo 2          met watercolor  met1           met wat 3

Then I took it a step further…

I scanned my watercolor into my computer. I them used my Adobe Photoshop CS5 program to alter & posturize my painting.

Love is 2

20120209_276

I then printed out a copy. I also printed out one of Rhonna Farrer's Wonderful digital postcard designs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kiss Me Word Art Kit

Kiss Me Word Art Kit

20120209_274

I them had fun combining cutting and gluing and making a fun whimsical Valentine's Card!

Hugs,

~Susan

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME Susan!
    Aren't those water brushes GREAT - I LOVE all of mine also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful Susan. Gorgeous painting and I love the shimmery look too. Happy Valentines. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those paints - now I need to figure out where I can get them locally. LOOOVE my Kuretake water brushes.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe