Monday, May 24, 2010

Free Spirit Altered Canvas


I have always been amazed when going on a hike in the woods when I have come across an abandoned birds nest, because at first glance it might seem like the nest is just a pile of sticks & leaves that have just been thrown together haphazardly. However, if you look closely, a birds nest is so beautiful! It is carefully woven together with grasses, twigs, hairs, fibers, and many other little treasures. Nature is so beautiful and it is so wonderful to use it as an example when trying to create. On my canvas, I created a representation of a bird's nest and what I felt I would put in a nest if I had one. Give it a try! Use nature as your guide & try to create something completely free spirited today! Don't be afraid of colors, style, technique, or the final result. Just have fun. BE CREATIVE!
                           Susie

P.S. Hey, Have you heard the news?!?
The Summer issue of the Canadian Scrapbooker looks FANTASTIC and it is going to be available in stores near you on June 1st. There are so many neat articles in it including the story of how the Canadian Scrapbooker all started and an article about 'Scrapbooking With Your Family on Vacation by me. So many other super cool articles and truly talented artwork by so many people! You HAVE to check it out! It is a great one for your summer reading list for sure!

1 comment:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe