Monday, March 3, 2014

Mixed media tag


Hello there, it's Jaine here again and this time with a tag for a little bit of inspiration. 

Our theme for this month is Mixed Media, a subject very close to my heart. I'm a mixed media type of gal deep down and like to show it when ever and where ever I can. So here I've created a tag and I've taken photo's along the way to show you the many layers.


I started off with a Ranger tag and covered it with some Canvas Corp. paper. This swirly red one is so cute.


Next, I decided I was going to add some more colour to the tag but I still wanted to keep some of the pattern in tact so I added embossing ink through a stencil with a sponge and embossed in clear powder to create my resist. The stencil is a home made one cut from a piece of acetate. 

It's a bit hard to see it properly but all will be revealed!


 I sprayed on Tattered Angels Chalk board ink in red, blotting off the ink from the embossed parts. I love the fact that I can still see the red pattern through the ink, it didn't hide it at all.


I expect you're wondering how I managed to stamp Susans little birdie from Sing your Song stamp set from Unity, looking the other way around? well, I stamped him onto a piece of tissue with a Versafine ink, cut it out then glued him back to front on a piece of copy paper. The tissue just disappears leaving the bird image behind.


I added a few spots of colour with marker pens.


I finished off with a few spots of Stickles and some felt at the top.


Bring on the Spring

Jaine for the Susan Weckesser Design Team.
x

1 comment:

  1. Love the tag and what a great explanation. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe