Thursday, February 27, 2014

Friends Are The Family We Choose Card

Hello friends!  Happy Thursday!  It's Lee-Anne here and today I wanted to share an extra special card I created with Susan's amazing stamps and papers to give to a dear friend of mine.


I just LOVE The Happy Homestead Stamps.

 I first stamped the house stamp with black archival ink onto white card stock and then "painted" it with some mists to coordinate with Susan's Live In Color Collection of patterned papers. 

 After it was coloured and stamped, I popped it up on the card with some pop dots.  I then stamped the word "family" onto white card stock, cut the letters out separately and adhered it to the card.  I fussy cut the sun and adhered some yellow twine and placed a large sequin  in the center of the twine and adhered it to the card.


 Right now I am loving the sequin trend so I wanted to give a little more texture and dimension to the house roof so I adhered some pink sequins to the roof.


Finally I fussy cut a cloud, flowers, grass and a bird out of the Live In Color Collection of patterned papers and adhered them to the card and used some tiny letter stickers to finish the title.  


I am happy how this came together.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are inspired to create a card for a friend.

Lee-Anne

Supplies

Cardstock - American Crafts (White)
Letter Stickers - Tim Holtz
Patterned Papers - Live In Color Paper Collection by Susan K. Weckesser
Rubber Stamp - The Happy Homestead by Susan K. Weckesser & Unity Stamp Co.
Sequins - Teresa Collins
Sprays - Heidi Swapp Colorshine (Primrose, Mint Green, Black Velvet, White)
Stamp Ink - Archival Ink By Ranger (Black)


1 comment:

  1. love your card, adding the sequins to the house top of the Homestead stamp was genius! Loved all your fussy cutting and layering, that's an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe