Friday, December 20, 2013

Quick and Sweet Last Minute Gift

Good Morning Creative Peeps!

Today I want to share with you a quick last minute gift that you can do in under 30 minutes.

I have been saving this maple syrup bottle for months (much to the annoyance of my hubby!) because I knew I wanted to use it for something. I LOVE the lines of it and that cute little handle. :) 



With the holidays coming up, I am making 60+ little jars of my homemade salted caramel sauce for my hubby to give to his office peeps. So...I decided my little bottle needed to become a special jar of caramel sauce for somebody. 



I was lucky enough to have a total creative perfection moment...I was trying to figure out how to make the perfect circle for my bottle when I realized the center of my large Spellbinders gear by Donna Salazar was the exact same size as my bottle label AND was the perfect size for the "Good as Gold" tag from Susan's "Live in Color Tags" paper. WINNING!



After adding my label, I rolled a few flowers from Susan's Whimsical Paper line and hand cut a few leaves. I attached them to the corner with a hot glue gun. 



For my tag, I used a Spellbinders label die and Susan's paper, topped off with Susan's "Smile" Stamp from her "A little bit of Washi" stamp set from Unity. (I used Pickled Raspberry Distress Ink from Ranger.) I hung it from Canvas Corp black rope and added a little bow. 

Top it all off with a little "Golden Goddess" Glam from Tattered Angels to add some sparkle and your handmade gift is ready for whatever you want to fill it with!



Funny Note: For this pic, I filled it with a little colored water because I couldn't find my funnel to add my thick caramel sauce into the bottle! LOL. 

Want my recipe for my salted caramel sauce? Here is the base recipe I found at The Recipe Girl Blog: Salted Caramel Sauce. It is good this way, but I like to tweek all recipes...I let my sauce boil an extra few minutes because the color and flavor gets darker and it gets thicker as it sets. Plus, I like a little more salt than this recipe calls for. 

I hope you enjoyed my quick and easy project today! And trust me...make some homemade caramel sauce this Christmas...you will never go back to store bought!

XOXO,
KERI




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe