Wednesday, June 13, 2012

For the LOVE of Ribbon!!!

20100915_9
I am sure that you have noticed by now that I LOVE ribbon! There is something about it that makes me {SMILE} I love using it with my scrapbooking, my cards, my altered crafts, my mixed media, or really just about any thing around the home or my studio or my garden!bird house 2
bird house 4 (2)
Because of the colors and the versatile nature of ribbon it makes it an easy medium to work with. You will find me even decorating BIRD HOUSES  with it! Prima Pin
Core'indinations 10
Ribbon can also be sealed on and decoupaged to create unique effects like the effect I created with my vintage brooch that you can see above. So easy and so much fun!
It is also fun to add a bit of ribbon to a card or a scrapbook layout for a splash or color or a bit of whimsy!
Core'Dination 26
Children & teens can also make up quick bows and fashion accessories. I LOVE to do this too!!! My girlies and I love to make up wristlets out of ribbon all the time! wristlet
Recycled crafts can look really AWESOME with a little bit of ribbon on them. Take a look at this recycled rice bag that I painted up and adorned with some ribbon. I will be teaching this online class really soon at CraftArtEdu.I also used Shimmerz paints and Kuretake on this project.
upcrafted rice bag
[QUICK PROJECT]:
Those canvas flowers are so cute and here is a quick way that you can decorate them with ribbon.

                   1.20120613_1
You need 1 ft. of ribbon, 1ft. of a different & slightly larger ribbon, a canvas flower, 1 button , good glue like Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive.
                      2.20120613_6
   Put a dab of glue on the back of the button and wait for a moment. Then start to stick the ribbon on the button in a circular, accordion motion. If you are using lace, you shouldn't need anymore glue.
                    3.20120613_7
Put a dab of glue in the center of the canvas flower and  adhere the button with ribbon on. Hold for a second.
                    4.20120613_9
  Flip the canvas flower over and glue a slightly larger piece of ribbon on.
        5.20120613_11
Enjoy your new ribbon adorned canvas flower! You can use it on crafts, wearable art, sewing, mixed media…..anything!
There are many places where you can find some wonderful selections of ribbon, like May Arts. So find some ribbon today….and put a {SMILE} on your face!!!!!
Have a wonderfully creative day!!!!
hugs,
~Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe