Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Paper Piecing with a POP

Little Cottage

I LOVE to cut out pieces of beautiful scrapbook paper and arrange them into whimsical and fun pictures and embellishments. I often will even use the pictures that I create in my children's stories as illustrations. I really find it so relaxing to create paper piecings….PLUS, it is such an AWESOME way to use up scrap pieces of paper that you may have around your home!

-}TAKE A LOOk{-    *   It really is easy to create embellishments to fancy up a scrapbooking layout or a card.

paper daisies

On this layout, I cut out some scraps of Basic Grey paper inked the edges with ClearSnap Color Box archival dye, and then used some of Helmar 's ZAPDOTS to make it really POP!

Here are a couple more examples of my creative paper piecings.

Visiting Bee

     Sometimes I use scissors but,  I mostly rip & tear my paper to get the look that I am trying to achieve.cat

Thank-you to everyone who joined  the instagram BLOG HOP the other day! It was SO lovely to read your comments!!!! I really love seeing everyone's blogs, work, and WONDERFUL photos! You all ROCK!!!! The prize winner of the Blog hop is :

Sandie June 17, 2012 1:49 PM

I joined! My instagram name is sandiemcr
And I'm now following you on instagram too!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Please email me at susiebeestudios@gmail.com

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

~Susan

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much! How exciting! I love how you paperpiece those pages. I just love paperpiecing, so I am going to try this out. Thanks for the inspiration! I'll send you my addy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Sandie and Congratulations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe