Friday, June 8, 2012

Crafting for the Queen's Jubilee

20120608_3

Right now the Queen is celebrating her Diamond Jubilee. Lots of neat things are going on. You can check out the official website for The Queen's Diamond Jubilee  HERE.

http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/profiles/dj/themes/dj/images/diamond-jubilee-logo.gif

With all the excitement of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee  I decided to have some fun and craft up something with a little bit of the Union Jack on it. I mean, why not….. My Mom is a British Subject so even though I have never been over the pond I do feel a certain connection.

20120608_11

I used Kuretake Zig Writers and colored canvas flags. I then set the color with a heat gun.For the whimsical banner on the canvas I used my Unity Stamp Co.Co-Branded Stamp set… 'Create your Day'.

Picture of Create your Day

20120608_5

20120608_7

On some of the images I had fun using American Crafts ZING embossing powder. Oh, and I had to use Tim Holtz Distress crackle paint because you know I LOVE to get lots of wonderful layers and textures!!! Everything was nicely glued together with Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Adhesive.

Take a look at this. This video was on Unity TV . The caption read:

Join Lesley Langdon as she uses Unity's Susan K. Weckesser stamp set "Create Your Day" to make an adorable piece of canvas art for the wall. It's SO easy! Lesley uses Spellbinders dies, fabrics (felt and canvas linen), Copic markers, Distress Marker, Distress Stains, etc.

What an AWESOME way to use the 'CREATE your DAY' stamps!!!

Lesley did a WONDERFUL job!!! I love it!!!!

I hope that you have a wonderful time creating your day!

….. and Happy Diamond Jubilee to the Queen and to Britain!!

hugs,

~Susan

1 comment:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe