Friday, October 3, 2014

Best Ever w/Core'dinations & TCW

This is a picture of my son Morgan during his spring photo shoot at school in 2nd Grade.  He had a lot go on during this school year.  He moved schools, houses, cities, moving away from all his friends and other family, and for Morgan change is hard.  He handled it, not the best way, but things got better as time went on.  He is defiantly stronger now, but we have a long way to go.  I always want the best for him, he is such a sweet kid, his his smile melts my heart.


I used the wonderful items from the September Birds of a Feather Kit to create this layout along with Susan K. Weckesser stamps and stencil.  I went for a masculine feel with a dark edge to it.  The pops of gold represent the light at the end of the tunnel, where there is dark there come light!!  I used a ton of the elements from the kit in unusual ways.  I used the twine on my strips as accent pieces along with the cork geo tags, and added a few other fun embellishments from my stash too.  I did add some journaling here and there on the strips too, but mostly they are part of the design.


 

Here you can see a hint of Susan K. Weckesser's "Beautiful Daydreams" cardstock and the Tags stamps I used from Susan K. Weckesser.  I used her brand new tag stamps "the Garden {what-not} collection" in gold and black ink on cardstock.  I cut out the shapes and layered them under the papers under the pictures.  Here you can also see one of the wonderful TCW stencils and some of the Core'dinations cardstock - companies we are partnering with!!
 
http://www.susankweckesser.com/welcome

http://www.susankweckesser.com/welcome
http://www.thecraftersworkshop.com/The_Crafters_Workshop/Home.htmlhttp://www.coredinations.com/


Above you can see some of the beautiful Gold Glitter Paste from Bo Bunny we got in our Sept kit used on a stencil from Susan K. Weckesser to create the dashed lines around the layout.  The gold glitter paste really pops here with all the dark elements I used.

http://www.susankweckesser.com/welcome
Life may throw you curve balls, it may be hard, and it may seem that it is hard to get out of a funk, but I always try and remember there is light at the end; and it shines like gold glitter!!

Supplies used
Cardstock - Bazzill - Sept Birds of a Feather Kit
Patterned Paper - Teresa Collins - Sept Birds of a Feather Kit
Wood - Teressa Collins - Sept Birds of a Feather Kit
Glitter Paste - Bo Bunny - Sept Birds of a Feather Kit
Stickers - Heidi Swapp - Sept Birds of a Feather Kit
Cork - Studio Calico - Sept Birds of a Feather Kit
Twine - Maya Road - Sept Birds of a Feather Kit
Alpha Stickers - American Crafts - Sept Birds of a Feather Kit
Glitter Paper - Pebbles - Sept Birds of a Feather Kit
Papers - Susan K. Weckesser
Stamps - Susan K. Weckesser
Stencil - Susan K. Weckesser
12x12 Stencil - TCW
Cardstock - Core'dinations
Washi Tape - Prima
Texture paste - Prima
Ink - Prima
Metal - Prima
Pen - Recollections
Mists - Heidi Swapp & Tattered Angels
Adhesive - Scotch & Beacon

Enjoy!!
http://scraps-of-reflections.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Awesome LO, and I am glad to hear that things are getting better for Morgan, change can be hard for any of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin this is just amazing! Your use of pieces and layers is outstanding. I love that you shared about your precious son. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe