Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Oh deer!

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” 
― Marcel Proust 

Not everyone loves deer in their gardens and I can understand that feeling, but I love them! They are such beautiful creatures that if I could afford it, I would plant them a smorgasbord of flowers to nibble on! So, when asked to do an art journal page about exploring your backyard; my deer came to mind!

I used a picture I had taken recently of a mama deer and her boy ( my first baby buck I had ever seen, aren't his antlers cute? ) I live right on the edge of some woods so I get plenty of interesting wildlife come visit me!

Using my picture, I sketched and painted in the deer onto my journal page. At first I was stumped as to what to do with the background and then after strolling through my garden and seeing all the Hosta de-flowered stalks left behind it came to me. It reminded me of Morticia Adams cutting the rose flowers off the stems and putting them in her vase! lol Hence the stalks in the background. I guess you can say I have a Morticia Adams inspired garden now! 

I knew I wanted to use the Insta-Cute frame to go around the deer, but I painted them too big! Oh deer! What's a girl to do? Well, deconstruct your stamp of course! :) First I stamped the Polaroid frame image twice on a piece of the Bouquet paper, I think the pink contrasts nicely against the green background!

And then I cut both frames into 4 pieces and then removed the inside sections to create a frame...well almost perfectly....

It still wasn't quite big enough so I used the 2 gaps for some creative license. I journaled through the right side and covered up the gap on the left side with one of the Live in Color tags.


I hope you enjoyed my art journal page and my lovely deer gnawing it down to stumps and roots! I think my garden is still beautiful, it's all in how you see things that matter in the end.

Sandee

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful page! And I love the story behind it! LOL Morticia Adams garden! Awesome!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty and delightful! Love how you added the deer and deconstructed the picture frame...so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow.. you truly think of everything.. so glad you showed how that was done!!! Love your stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely. Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe