Monday, March 25, 2013

The Happy Homestead . . .

 Hi everyone, it`s Tracy here with another project that you can all create by gathering up scraps of wood and some old book pages.
My inspiration . . . My family.
I have watched my boys turn into young men right before my eyes, ever changing and clutching at new experiences. My world is about to change, my youngest has applied to University and could be moving away later this year. As a Mum I feel happy, excited, fearful and sad all at the same time . . . BUT... I have to remember that although he is flying away from the nest, he knows how much he is loved by us all and Home is where you hang your heart!
and started by covering the wood all over with the book pages, fixing in place with Claudine Hellmuth multi medium and then a light coat of Gesso on top.
Time to get inky, painty, messy hands . . .what joy!
For the sky and grass I used Clear snap Smooch Spritz, spraying a little on to a craft mat and applying roughly with a brush.
Ink up that jumbo house stamp { It is HUGE and I adore it} and get stamping and colouring.
My hands once again resemble a beautiful rainbow after using a mixture of
Tim Holtz Distress Stains, Distress Ink Pads, Clearsnap Smooch and Maya Mists.
I spy with my little eye a stamp from . . .  A Little Bit Of Washi as a chimney.
Puff goes the smoke from the chimney with the help of Acrylic paint.
Splodge white paint roughly and then with a heat tool, heat it up till it bubbles for a little added texture... Magic!
You have got to loooove those clouds and sentiment from Create Your day set.
To add more dimension I stamped the house again, cut out the door and fence, fixed in place with a hot glue gun.
 Can you make out the curtains I cut out flying in the wind?
Very shabby, lol.
Once I was happy I used a fine liner pen and scribbled around all the elements, adding faux stitches and bricks along the way.
Was I finished?
Nope!
Here is the back
 
I had to hang my heart!
Just stamp the image onto paper and reverse it for the back.
Well that`s all from me today.
Thank you for stopping by and happy crafting to you all.
Till next time
Design Team Member for Susan K Weckesser.

Pssssst . . .we have a challenge going on right now, click HERE to check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Totally Gorgeous, Tracey!
    Who would have thought tht a piece of wood could become a reversable inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is frickkin' fantastic!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe