Monday, September 19, 2016

"Celebrate Friendship" Door hanger

     Hi!  This is Joyce Shaulis focusing on friendship this month.  I love sweet little surprises of gifts and so today I will share an idea on how you can surprise a special friend or neighbor with a simple gift.  I made this door hanger plaque that I can hang on a neighbor's doorknob to surprise her when she arrives home. 


 
 
     I used Susan's co-branded stamps, Celebration of Simple, from Unity Stamp Co.  These stamps are super versatile and have endless possibilities.  I also used the mini POP ink in Ice and her Bouquet scrapbook paper.  I stamped with Ice the four banner images on the backside of the scrapbook paper.  Then I cut them out and swiped the edges in Ice. 
 
 
 
 
     Next, I swiped the Ice Mini POP ink onto a small scrap of white cardstock.  Using Mystery, I stamped the sentiment onto the Bouquet paper. 
 
 

 
 
     I cut out the sentiment and edged it in Kiss.  I drew an arrow shape onto the Ice stamped cardstock, cut it out and edged it.  I glued the sentiment onto the arrow.  Then, I painted Bahama Blue on a 5 x 7 matte board.
 
 





     I cut two strips from the Bouquet paper ( 5 1/2" x 1/2").  Then I glued the arrows onto the strips.  Next, I glued down the banner pieces and the sentiment strips.  Using a ruler, I made a dashed border around the banners with a white gel pen.  I edged the matt board with the Kiss ink. 





     Using flowers from my craft stash, I layered flowers and glued rhinestones on top.  See photo for placement. 




     I used a 8' piece of pink ribbon to make a hanger and glued a small paper flower in center of ribbon. 




     I hope you enjoyed this idea to make a surprise gift for a friend, the possibilities are endless. 


Susan K. Weckesser products:
Bouquet scrapbook paper
Mini POP inks - Mystery, Ice, Kiss  https://www.clearsnap.com/
Celebration of Simple stamp set https://www.unitystampco.com/

Other Products:
white gel pen https://sakuraofamerica.com/pen-gel
Bahama Blue acrylic paint https://decoart.com/
assorted paper, fabric and felt flowers
pink ribbon
pink rhinestones
white glue
matte board 5' x 7'
white cardstock

Joyce Shaulis     Susan K. Weckesser Design Team Member



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe