Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Live to Create Mixed Media Canvas

Hi everyone hope you all had a great holiday season and have had a blast to the new year!  I had fun creating this little canvas for you this week.  It is a small canvas 6 inches by 6 inches. 

First I painted the canvas with blue and green paint, then I put some beige paint over it by painting and smooching bubble wrap on it. 

On top of it I used a variety of rub ons (black and white) including small flowers, Fleur De lis, etc. 




I inked the edges with Staz On ink and then stamped around the edges with a stamp from Susan's Grandma's Needlepoint set (see left hand side at bottom in the above picture)

I gathered together a bunch of flowers, metal embellishments to decorate it.  I started with want2scrap flourishes and glued them to the canvas.  I left them the natural colour.  I then glued on top a metal watch from Michael's. 


I stamped the little girl from Susan's Grandma's Needlepoint set and cut her out.  I also cut out from the Live In Colour Tags a little banner and the saying Live to Create. 



I arranged some paper and resin flowers, metal flowers together with the little girl and saying onto the canvas and glued them down.  I also added a few pearls to the canvas as well. 


This is the final canvas finished!  I love the over all feeling of the canvas and it will sit on a shelf in my scrap room.

Hope you all have enjoyed today's post and will have a great remainder of the week.  To those going to CHA this week, enjoy and bring back a lot of goodies!

Love Jennifer

1 comment:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe