Sunday, May 1, 2011

Creating some Springtime Whimsy!

Chalky

Kaisercraft is having a DESIGN TEAM call, so I decide to join in all the fun going on!  I wanted to do some fun whimsical spring projects because the last couple of weeks I have been working on a lot of fall and Christmas projects and articles ALREADY and I really needed some SPRING!!!

Chalky 3

 

 

 

With this layout ,          'CHALKY' I had an awesome time cutting out designs from the paper and using foam adhesives to add dimension. I gently brushed a bit of acrylic paint on my cardboard letters to give them a 'chalky' appearance. Fun Stuff!

 

Angel

Angel 1     When is Springtime ever complete without polka dots? I had so much fun combining all kinds of polka dots on my layout 'Angel'. Oh, and don't forget the fabric covered buttons in a polka dot pattern.

       20110501_77      And an 'Angel' layout would not be complete without a pair of wings and a matching halo. The halo is a little rough…but I really don't mind  at all. Jessica, my daughter who is in the picture, cut the halo out for me and I thought it fit just perfectly!

wristlet

I love to dress up in frilly things in the Spring so my wrist corsage fits in just perfectly. I  cut a circle out of some  double sided adhesive. After gathering sheer ribbon on it I punched a hole in the center and pushed a fabric covered button through. I then threaded some rick rack through the button and wrapped it around my wrist. SO EASY & FAST to make! I could also use this to decorate a wreath, card or scrapbook page! Awesome!!!                                                    

It is time to bring out the flowers! That means I can and will decorate everything with flowers now including this wooden box that was painted and distressed, then decorated. Now this trinket box is already to give away as a gift on Mother's Day!

image

Love you forever card

Hmmmm……. Birdies, Card making, and springtime just seem to go together.

After cutting out an image from one of Kaisercrafts beautiful scrapbooking papers, I had fun distressing, and then sealing the card with an acrylic sealer.    

               covered notebook

    covered notebook1    If you know me, you know that I love to alter things! I am always looking at things and imaging what it would look like after a 'make over' . The other day while brushing my teeth, I was imagining how I could alter my tooth brush….you never know, It could look awesome!

Well, I had fun altering up a note book for the season!

covered notebook 2It was an awesome way to use up my ribbon scraps too!

floral birdhouse

Spring time  equals birds houses too!                                                        

I get excited every spring when I can open the windows finally and hear the returning birds as they make their new nests in our bird houses in the back yard.           floral birdhouse2

As you can see where I placed this birdhouse to photograph, on top of an old mason jar lid,  it really is not that big. I love making birdie houses of all sizes!                

floral birdhouse1To decorate the roof of the house I used a strong adhesive and some wonderful BLING! 

Enjoy 12

      Enjoy 13A fun postcard with a ice cream theme….oh yeah!!!! It looks like I used flocking, but I actually used the 'dust'  that was left after I sanded the edges of cardstock. It is a wonderful form of recycling and it looks really neat!

Oh, I love Spring!!!! Now, Lets hope it stays for awhile!

Have fun creating!

~Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe