Monday, October 26, 2015

Two Little Dickie Birds

Hello lovely creative friends :)
Samantha here with my second make for October and I couldn't resist altering a cute little wooden bird house with Susan's fabby 'At Ground Level' stamp set, how adorable is this cute little bird?
I do feel so sorry for the birds in cold weather, they all need little houses like this!
I began by cutting strips of card and punching flower shapes and gluing on the house before painting. It gives a wonderful layer of texture.
The tree, flowers and bird were stamped on some shrink plastic using black Staz On, I find this best for shrink plastic. Then I used Prismacolour pencils to colour. I shrunk them using a heat gun and glued in place.
The final touch was some a little heart for their homestead and some green paper rafetta for some bird bedding.
The whole project took just a couple of hours and was great fun.
The lovely stamps I used are shown below and can be found here
I do hope I have inspired you and I wish you a lovely day, 
Susan K. Weckesser Design Team member

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable bird house Samantha! Great idea to stamp birds on shrink plastic, they look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so love a cute Bird House, and you have reminded me how much fun shrink plastic can be lovely make Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the birdhouse! I need to dig my shrink plastic out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely ! Even I could do with a house like this ! ;)
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Corrie. It seems we are both looking at each others birds this evening lol xx

      Delete
  5. An adorable bird house, love your project Sam, and the stamps are so lovely!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely delightful, indeed, Sam! Love your altered art projects, and this one is no exception. I am a long-time bird "fancier" so I love that you have chosen a bird house for this project. Tweet! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam, This is just soooo cute and totally agree that all the birdies deserve a wee home for the winter days. Love the colours and the gathering of the birds.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynne for your support and lovely words x

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe