Thursday, September 4, 2014

MIXED MEDIA ART

Susan asked the design team to create something "mixed media" any way we wanted to this month.  I used several different techniques and mediums for this card.
I started with a piece of Susan K. Weckesser's Live In Color paper and a piece of Cordinations Cardstock.  I distressed the edges of both papers.  Then, I used  The Crafters Workshop, Folk Art Flower stencil.  I used molding paste from Golden and an old credit card to apply the paste through the stencil.  I LOVE how it came out!!

I used Tattered Angels Gilmmer Mist - Suede and Ranger Dylusions inks over the molding paste.  Awesome!  The orange, green and suede colors work wonderful together!  I also went around the edges of the paper with Ranger Distress Ink - Mustard Seed.  Some paint drops finished the background off.

When we got our design team packages from Susan, this card was inside.  I have been waiting for the perfect place to use it, and here it is!  The colors are gorgeous and the saying is so true, "Believe follow your dreams".  I also added some gauze behind it and a parenthesis stamp from Susan's A Little Grunge Love stamp set.  I finished it off with a flower.

I hope you are inspired to make awesome mixed media art today!!
xxDaniella
Susan K. Weckesser Design Team Member

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Love everything about this card, so many fun colors.Great job sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I haven't tried using molding paste on a card....yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the little cards that Susan includes and also love to use them on my projects! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe