Friday, August 26, 2011

Freehand Watercolor Cards

Fresh Card

To get my creative juices flowing today I sat down with some lovely pens from Kuretake  and doodled up some wild flowers. I first used their ZIG CLEAN COLOR Real Brush to create a wonderful watercolor effect and then I used a grey ZIG Memory Writer to doodle around my illustration.Fresh Card 3 The Clean Color Real Brush pens are so FUN and easy to use!

When doodling I just relax and I don't worry about going over the lines.

 

 

 

I then backed my doodle with some wonderful polka dot paper from Basic Grey and added some trim from K&Company to complete the look.Fresh Card 2

Now I have a little card to brighten someone's day, and it put a smile on my face to make it!

Guess what is hitting the stores right away!?!?

cs_cover_fall11_mainpage

Yup…..the fall issue of the Canadian Scrapbooker is out on September 1st. ! See the article mentioned on the front cover: Scrapbooking with Wrappers,…my kiddos helped eat the candies for that article so that I could create the designs and write it. We had a blast! Who knew that recycling candy wrappers and putting them on your scrapbooking layout could be so much fun! The whole magazine is FANTASTIC!

Well, the excitement is really starting to build around here! September is going to be fun and I really hope you come share it with me!

I hope that you have a super  awesome day!

~Susan

1 comment:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe