Wednesday, October 30, 2013

One play, two projects.

Hello there, it's Jaine here again with the second of my two posts as Guest Designer and today I'm bringing not one but two projects from the same technique but with very different results.

I absolutely love it when a play session can result in several different finishes and that's just what I got when I decided to get out my Gelli plate and the Autumn Grunge  Leaves stamps by Unity.


After brayering acrylic paint onto the Gelli I stamped the leaves onto the surface. I started with a piece of watercolour paper already painted with a green acrylic paint colour. As I stamped the leaves into the paint, I then re-stamped them onto the painted paper to a) clean some of the paint off and b) so as not to waste a good opportunity to get a good print of the leaves. (Wash the paint off your stamps straight away otherwise the paint might dry on the stamp and ruin them for ever!).

I then laid the other half of the watercolour paper on the plate to get the print. I only have a small Gelli plate that's why I can only print small sections at a time but I rather like that duo tone effect across the page. 


To finish my page I stamped the leaves again this time with a Versafine ink in brown and used Susan's border stencil and a black pen to scribble the border and numbers. The heart and it's negative came from the second part of my play session.

Once I'd cut my paper down to fit my journal page I had an off cut from the side which I'd stamped my leaves onto. I took this piece and cut it into a tag using a Sizzix die and used several colours of Distress inks to blend over the tag. The acrylic paint from the leaf prints resisted the ink and the more I put on the more they 'popped' out. With some more of this off cut I did the same and cut the heart and this frame to go with my journal page.


I gave my tag a Halloweeny theme with some black ink and ribbon and used the stencil once again to add some detail.


Have a spooktacular Halloween and get playing.

Jaine x


1 comment:

  1. Beeeautiful Jaine and looking forward to seeing more of your work as a design team member..woohoo!!
    Big hugs
    Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe