Saturday, May 7, 2011

Spreading a little BIRD HOUSE LOVE…

bird house 1

I Love Bird Houses!!!!!

I grew up with a with a father that was constantly digging up trees from every back country road to plant in our tiny back yard and then it was our job to make and decorate bird houses for those trees. I am not sure if the neighbours liked all the chirping that came from our yard….especially at 4:30 in the morning, but at least it was HAPPY sounds!20100929_90   bird house 2

Don't you love the quote that I used on this birdhouse….I thought it was quite fitting!20100929_92    bird house 3  

bird house 4   

I used  hand made paper and recycled paper on a wooden birdhouse. I then coloured it with wonderful glimmer mists from Tattered Angels and organza ribbon from Maya Road. 20100929_89    

You can see my complete article on birdhouses, 'Extreme Birdhouse Makeover', in the Spring issue of the Canadian Scrapbooker.

 

20100929_91

I am so excited to be sponsoring my sweet friend, LAURA VANDERBEEK's   class. She is an awesome photographer so you are going to want to check this out!

NEW-Homepage-Banner-RetouchingClass

IMAGE

IMAGE2

Vanderbeek Images

contact@vanderbeekimages.com

Instructor

www.reneepearson.com/classes/preserves.php

Scrapbooker

www.lauravanderbeek.blogspot.com

Photographer

www.vanderbeekimages.blogspot.com

www.VanderbeekImages.com

logosml

One more thing! Canadian Scrapbooker has things going on for Nation Scrapbooking Day today and you don't want to miss out!

Canadian Scrapbooker Website #17 – Metallic Transparencies!!!!! You have to check it out! CLICK HERE!

Watch it and leave a comment on the Canadian Scrapbooker Website. Right under Webisode #17 – Metallic Transparencies!!!!

If you do that correctly your name will be entered to win this fabulous prize package filled with the products we used to create a Metallic Transparency (and a little more).

WEB19

So have an awesome day!!!!

~ Susan

1 comment:

  1. Get out of here! This is SO amazing, and do you know that I saw it come through the Facebook feed while I was googling "altered bird houses?"!"! I bought one that I need to make for my Mom tomorrow! Thank you for the inspiration!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe