Friday, April 15, 2011

My Core’dinations Creative Frenzy

Core'Dination 21

So , I had some fun playing with some paper from core'dinations.

   header

First I made this layout called 'Bug Love'. I love using the ColorCore CardStock because it is so easy to do so many fun & whimsical things with it! Check out how I cut out strips out paper using Fiskars Paper Edgers and then using a sanding block I distressed the edges to reveal the colors! AWESOME!!!!Core'Dination 24 

Core'Dination 26

I gently inked the edges of the paper with soft colors. Core'dinations 20

I sand papered hearts shapes onto the paper. By sanding in circular motions it brought up the color that was on the opposite side. In this case it was a dark rose. I then used a ZIG Memory Writer from Kuretake and did some outlining.Cre'Dinatios 27

This cardstock is so fun to stitch on and so I always like to add some on somewhere!

 

I also took a frame and some bits of cardstock and made a cute spring time gift! This cutie only took a couple of minutes to do!Core'Dination 30

I used a a punch to cut out my circles. The cardstock cut out so cleanly that I could have cut out circles the whole day!Core'Dination 31

I had so much fun cutting out the project that I decide to make a fun & easy card! This is how I made it...…

Supplies Used:

-card

-ColorCore Cardstock

-Stix2; craft foam Pads, glue stick

-Tattered Angels; Glimmer Mist(Dazzling Diamonds)& Glimmer Glaze(Waterfall)

-Fiskars; Paper Edgers

-TPC Studio; Mini Jewels

-Jillibean Soup; Ribbon

-other;embellishments

I started by cutting six 2x2inch squares out of the cardstock.

I trimmed the with the Edgers.20110415_1  

Core'indinations 2 Because the paper has colors on two sides……-your color combinations can be endless!

Core'indinations 3  I had a hard time making up my mind on what color combination that I wanted to use today!!!!

Core'indinations 4

Next, you take some sand paper and gently sand the edges of your square to reveal the underlying color. Scissors can also be used to distress, just be careful..Core'indinations 5

With Tatter Angels Glimmer Mist you gently spray your squares. This makes that colors pop a bit more and adds a bit of shimmer. Gotta LUV shimmer!!!

Core'indinations 6

Core'indinations 7Glimmer Glam is used lightly around 2 of the edges.

Core'indinations 83 of the squares get glued done flat where the other 3 are stuck down with craft foam pads from Stix 2 to add some dimension to the card for some fun!

Core'indinations 9

Core'indinations 10I then added a little bit of ribbon, some flowers, and of course some bling…and Voila!!!! A cute spring card!!!!! Gotta love it!

I had a blast working with core'dinations cardstock. Go check out their other neat cardstock!

Have a super duper day!!!

~Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe