Wednesday, February 9, 2011

'Give a 'Homemade' This Valentine's Day!

Forget me not card

I love making Valentine's Day cards…they make me feel happy inside! What is even better is you get to give it away and make someone else feel happy inside! ~

This card literally took me a couple of minutes to make. I used the awesome paper from Cosmo Cricket, fun paper from core'dinations, whimsical ribbon from Maya Road,  & some neat embellishments from Making Memories. I also used some handy dandy sand paper to distress the edges of the paper & a pencil crayon to add some wonderful color to my edges, which also aged the cards appearance. Fun stuff to do and SO EASY & QUICK! One final step before I glued my embellies on, is that I took some clear paper effect from DecoArt and I lightly covered the bulls eye in the center of the card. I did not worry about the air bubbles because I loved the aged effect those wonderful little bubbles created!Forget me not card 2

Don't you love how the sand paper roughs up the edges so nicely!?!Forget me not card 1

~ love the different colors that I got from using sandpaper on the paper from core'dinations and then I lightly used a pencil crayon on it. ***AWESOME!!!***

maya road ribbon

I used satin pleat edging from MAYA ROAD…..great stuff to work with!

candy hearts (2)

Have some fun getting ready for Valentine Day this year! {Putting out and eating candy hearts is always fun.} You will feel your heart swell will love!

Have a great day!

   ~Susan

1 comment:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe