Saturday, July 17, 2010

Alter Floral Baby Shoes

 

It is fun to alter just about anything, but I really have fun playing with articles of babies clothing because they are so tiny. The textures of material are quite easy to adhere whatever you feel like adding to your project. With these baby shoes I had fun using an assortment of flowers from Prima marketing Inc.

DSCN7581I started by sewing on metallic beads to the heal of the shoe. 

DSCN7593

  Next I used a glue gun to glue the ribbon around the edge of the shoe. At the ends of the ribbon I formed a loop to give the ribbon a pretty finish.

* Depending on what material you are using, you can use glue dots or a glue gun. DSCN7611

I then used thin gauged wire to wire  metal beads, jade beads, and flowers so the I could easily place and attach them to the shoes.DSCN7568  To fill in spots, I used smaller flowers and stuck them on with glues dots. I then added a tag and a little bit  of gauze for presentation.

These are so fun to make for a baby shower table center piece or  a present. So take a look around your house today and see what you can alter!

                   Keep on Scrappin’

                                   Susie

1 comment:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe